So the story of Ivy Kate's costume:
Last year, I got the Pottery Barn Kids catalog in and saw the adorable cupcake costume. I fell in love! I called to order it and found out they were already sold out, but to look on eBay. Well, my friends, the people on eBay were trying to sell the thing for around $250, so Ivy Kate ended up being Minnie Mouse.
This year, I ordered the cupcake and owl costume in August to be sure I had the costume. (I wanted them to both be cupcakes, but the smallest it came was 2T.) It is ADORABLE. We had several outings this week in which we were going to wear our costume. Our first outing on Monday, I was putting Ivy Kate's costume on her in the parking lot before we went in and she had a FIT...not just a FIT, but a F...I...T! (Laying out in the parking lot kind of fit.) So we didn't wear the costume that day, but we talked about it at home and she said she would wear it for the next outing. Next outing comes and she again has a F...I...T!
So Friday, we were on our way to Starkville and she said she wanted to be a princess. So I sent my sweet brother to Wal-Mart, so she could be a princess. Not just any princess, but "Sleeping Judy!" We've tried to correct her, but she IS "Sleeping Judy."
Sooo, next year, I will let Ivy Kate pick her own costume. I will try!
And be on the lookout...because Maggie is going to be the CUTEST cupcake you've ever seen next year!



5 comments:
Girl DRAMA! I know it all too well. . .
Oh my! Don't they just have minds of their own! Each season when I buy Avi Grace's clothes, I just keep thinking how different it is going to be when she actually has a say in what I buy her to wear. NOT looking forward to it!!
love this story so much!! she made a beautiful sleeping judy!! and mags was a precious owl!
I love this story.
TOOOOO cute!!!!!! Love it and loved seeing you Saturday!! Send me that pic when you get a chance!!!
Post a Comment